Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Off on a Tremendous Tangent

Been a while! Yep, I know. Feels like a lifetime.

Wanna hear about it? Here it goes.

Absence:

Four months.

Four life altering, mind molding, character building, heart breaking, love making months.

Presence:

A forward journey.

A life altering, mind molding, character building, heart breaking, love making forward journey.


There was a point during this absence in which I thought for sure I had gone off on some sort of mad hatter ride. One that was leading to a place so unknown it was frightening. I was buried in work, out of my mind exhausted, pushing through heart ache, tossed around by a shake up of success (I know, woe is me...), but experiencing a loss I was convinced I would never recover from... That of myself.

It is possible, you know... To actually catch yourself from falling... To become aware of your current state so clearly, that you're able to take the steps necessary to be like a flower and turn your face toward the sun. You CAN save yourself from a cold dark face plant. It's totally possible.

I've done it.

Here's the gig:

I took a little bike ride. And although it was through streets of poppies and puppies, it took turns in flow with my thoughts. They got a little wobbly, and got me a little lost, but pushed me further forward than I was the turn before. That work I was buried in began to turn with the pumped up tires and became the momentum I needed to keep moving. The exhaustion that had debilitated me before hit a second wind... And it was blowing though my hair cooling my noggin and pinking my cheeks. The heart ache got lost in the heart pound and sweat, and fell from my brow to my smile, down my neck, then dissipated. I was reintroduced to that sweet success as I dismounted the bike, and there I was... Found again.

I've been on car rides that seemed to last for days... And the thoughts that I was able to process during that time were plenty... But progressive? Few.

Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. It's life in motion.

There had been so many changes in the past four months of my life it got hard to keep up. But, I feel I've become more of a woman in these short four months than I have my entire lifetime. It was a turning point... Where two paths of my life-that of which I walked the days before, and that of which I was taking my first steps upon-met. A tangent. A tremendous tangent.

I met at two points... And instead of getting lost at the intersection... I took the turning point in a straight and strengthened line.

That's all it took... A bike ride, a face to face with choice and happiness, and a TANGENT. It's a labor of love that I'm sure I'll come across again... And I could have made it way more complex than this short and simple solution... No need.

Just a few fruits of that simple labor:
A new, BEAUTIFUL, therapeutic city high rise
A new, BEAUTIFUL, routine with the pup, my rock and a warm place. (WOMAN'S best friend)
Career build
Second business plan
Reigniting of  that good-good friendship vibe with some beautiful souls
A new found love, commitment, faith, and confidence within thine.own.soul.


Les-1
Bent out of shape- 0

Welcome back, Myrtle. Way to be, you wordy woman... Way to be. THERE she is, there she was, here she'll stay.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment