Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Concrete Jungle

So I recently did this thing... where I went to New York City.
There is something super special about this place. I mean, aside from the extra special taxi driving, or the super special smell... I mean there is something that's all heart jumpity and eye widening about it. It's like you eat the little red mushroom from Mario and you grow a little taller.
When you step into those streets, you suddenly become absolutely anybody you would like to be.

So how 'bout it, NY? How does it feel to be your own universe?

I mean it, I think I lived ten thousand lives during that one spectacular trip.
I was an afternoon news anchor, a celebrity stylist, a marathon walker, an expert navigator, a wine connoisseur, a food critic, a top executive... {rambles}.

That's the case with every trip you take, really... you sort of become someone different when you arrive, and then you take someone different home. 

For example of lesser scale than that of the Big Apple - During one of my most recent grocery trips, I think I may have actually become the worlds best extreme couponer when I saved a whole FOUR DOLLARS on my super new, super cool razor. And when I drove home that day, my honey got some extra sugar for the proud mood I was in. I conquered the sale and brought a more confident woman home to a loved one.

So how 'bout it, ya'll? How does it feel to be able to morph into all these fantastic beings... just by the quick switch of your 'tude?

"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, ALWAYS bring your own sunshine." -Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment