Thursday, August 30, 2012

What's In My Bag

First of all...
Let me just say how happy I am to be back. I have had the busiest week and it is SWELL to have a few moments to sit down and blog it out for a spell. 

If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, etc... you've seen that it's BACK TO SCHOOL for me! My very LAST semester at Flagler College (tear!), and I'm planning on making it count.

I had mentioned on Facebook that I would do a "What's In My Bag" post once I was finished getting organized for my big first day. Although there are some things that were thrown in last minute and not seen in these snapshots... I'm PRET-TY sure I've a lot covered.

You know Hermione's bag in Harry Potter? How it somehow seems to carry everything in the universe? Yep...


Bag... Liz Claiborne
Unbelievably comfortable, and although pretty big, not at all awkward. It's got at least 8 compartments (I'm convinced there is a secret passageway in this bad boy) and it is really sleek for being so practical. 

Coffee Cup... Copco
I got mine at JoAnn Fabric, but you can get these little gems a lot of places. It keeps coffee hot for a surprising amount of time, and has a comfy no-slip grip.

Tumbler Cup... Tumbler
I got mine at World Market, but again, you can get them a lot of places. It's perfect for school, barely drips when tipped, and is WAY cuter than a thermos or bottled water. ;)

Sunglasses... Polo
Totally bargained these at Ross. My trusty cheap-o's that go everywhere will me.

Keys... duh. 

What's inside...
 

Pain killer for those achy moments... Target
Makeup remover wipes in case of a random cry and reapply... lol... Target
 Liquid black eyeliner... WetnWild
Studio Powder... e.l.f.
Pretty in Pink blush... e.l.f.
Solid black eyeliner... e.l.f.
Eyeshadow brushes
Eyeshadow Cream in Champagne... e.l.f.
Nude lip balm... e.l.f.
Eyelash curler
Hair Bands (NO OUCH!)
Barrettes for fly-aways and rainy days
Mascara
Deodorant (it gets pretty hot trekking around campus all day... can never be too fresh!)


{ALL Target... most from the dollar section!}
Scotch tape
Lint roller
Mini Stapler and staples... isn't it CUTE?!
Paper clips
Highlighters
Tissues for fall sniffles
Pencils (GOTTA be the kind you have to twist at the bottom)
Pens (ERASABLE!)
Hole reinforcements
SIDE NOTE:
I actually lost a 5 page paper that was NOT backed up due to the lack of these babies in handy... holes ripped, the sucker fell right out. No joke.
Hole puncher (Teachers don't do this for ya anymore, folks)
Sticker letters (Just because I'm a sucker for cutesy things)

How I keep it together...

 
This is the most amazing, multifunctional, oozing-with-space planner I have EVER owned. 
WALMART $12.00.
I have struggled with the year-to-year problem of being unable to fit everything in one little square for one day. This planner separates months, weeks, AND days, and gives you HALF OF A PAGE to write what ya gotta. 

I.LOVE.IT.


My binder is the most dorky thing ever. It screams my personality, yet, seeing as though I'm one of the oldest in my class... I don't really win "swag" points by lugging it around.

It is perfectly organized by tabs, easy note sticky tabs are located on the front inside for easy marking, "to call," "to do," and, "to buy" stickers for when I have my planner out and remember a non-school related thing.

My schedule is also taped to the inside for easy access, and the front is equipped with my initials in purple (contrasting the coral) sticky letters.

... you may now applaud. ;)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment