Thursday, August 30, 2012

Be Blessed.

 HENDRIX
That's right... Hendrix... as in Jimmy Hendrix.
Hendrix David Varney is my Godson... down to the very literal meaning of it... my son, gifted from God.
My munchkin face, peanut head, butter butt, baby man, goober, booger, pumpkin pie lover-little. 

He is, and always will be, one of the best things that has EVER happened to me (along with the best friend that birthed him).

I got to spend some good, quality, nature time together with him. 

And it was AWESOME.

I don't know how many of you have a God Child... but if you're one of the lucky ones, you know just how special it is to be under the spell of a three year old, on a breezy day, with some pretty flowers, "sword" fighting. It's truly magical.

'RICA

Hendrix and I spent some time talking this past weekend. This little guy lost his Aunt Erica about a month ago. He's still processing it, trying to understand it, really... and frankly... so am I. His mom, my best friend, Erin Shaffer and I have been struggling with the loss of her 22 year old baby sister. I knew her for 13 short years here on this earth, and have to rely on the heavens for visitation now-a-days.


This is Erica (LEFT) and I about two years ago the night before Erin's wedding. Some of the most amazing memories were made that night.

Erica passed away earlier this month... unjustifiably.
However, losing Erica seems to bring a sense of calm, if that's even possible. I feel closer to her knowing she can hear me from afar, than I did when she was of mortal life, spiritually bound here on earth. I have faith that she will continue to enchant many more lives using the utmost advantage...  her halo.

MOMMY-N-ME


In November of 2010, I said goodbye to my mother, Kellie Wiles. She was too young, too beautiful, and too very much alive in spirit to be feeling so old, looking so worn, and living so painfully.

So, she carried on.

I celebrated her birthday on the 28th of this month.


HONESTLY, PEOPLE...

We, as a whole, have GOT to get a grip on the value of the people we love. I'm just not so sure it's realized as often as it should be. This month brought to me a lot of painful memories, moments, and morale... it took a whole lot of courage and SUPPORT... FROM THOSE WHOM I LOVE, AND LOVE ME. Without the foundation that we all provide to each other as friends, family, and companions... we would not nearly be as strong, or enduring as we think we are capable of being. Human is weak... support provides stability. Have faith in yourself, faith in God, and faith in those who have faith in you...

...{PARENTS, especially}...

I mean, get this:
Mom... The woman BIRTHED YOU, kept you breathing, taught you irreversible qualities that make you, you, and took part in making a person. MAKING a PERSON... Right?
With Dad... Can you believe men are really able to deal? So different... yet... so necessarily different. Dads make up for everything we can't be as parents, ladies... show some respect.

Halleluiah parents... ours and ourselves. 

And know...
The ones you love, aren't guaranteed to be here as long as you are. So, take it from me... someone who didn't exactly take full advantage of the blessing of family in the past...
Tell them you love them. And truly, TRULY be there.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment